Here are some of the highlights of the Chocolate Tour:
- A look at the fascinating 3800 year history of cocoa.
- Visit the tree nursery and a mature cocoa tree plantation.
- See the tiny orchid like flowers and ripe cocoa pods.
- Look at age old fermentation and drying techniques.
- See a cocoa pod being opened and taste cocoa nibs.
- Take part in some of the steps of making actual chocolate.
The high point of the Chocolate Tour is the chocolate tasting! It features multi award winning Australian grown and made premium single origin chocolate.
Sunday 26 June 2016 $85pp
Depart Cairns 8:30am – Return 4.30pm
Tour Includes –
- Return coach travel from Cairns
- Charley’s Chocolate Factory Tour
- Aussie Farm BBQ Burger Lunch
- (Vegetarian or Gluten free also available)
- Madella Coffee Plantation visit
- Afternoon Tea at Madella by the River – Overlooking the South Johnstone River with indoor & outdoor seating to highlight the views