Sit back and relax while we travel from Cairns to Townsville on the Spirit of Queensland Tilt Train before we join the Steam Train journey.
Step back in time and travel by Steam Train with Queensland Rail’s beautifully preserved wooden carriages hauled by historic steam locomotives. The journey will take you along the once known Great Northern Railway Line from Townsville, with overnight stops at Charters Towers & Hughenden.
This historic steam train journey will be one NOT TO BE MISSED and will recreate the romance of the great steam train era once more almost a century since it first connected these great regional towns.
The Spirit of Queensland Tilt Train returns us to Cairns from Townsville as we reminisce about our steam train travel
Rail Tour departs Cairns Sunday 11 June – Returns Thursday 15 June
MONDAY 12 JUNE 2017
Journey between Townsville to Charters Towers
- Townsville – Departs 8.00am
- Charters Towers Arrives 1.45pm
TUESDAY 13 JUNE 2017
Journey between Charters Towers to Hughenden
- Charters Towers – Departs 8.00am
- Pentland – Arrives 10.19am Departs 10.29am
- Torrens Creek – Arrives 12.32pm Departs 12.42pm
- Hughenden – Arrives 2.45pm
- Historic Steam Train journey Townsville to Hughenden*
- 2 Nights Accommodation at the Grand Chancellor Hotel Townsville
- 1 Night Accommodation at Country Road Motel Charters Towers
- 1 Night Accommodation the Royal Hotel Hughenden
- 4 Breakfasts
- Return Coach transfer from Hughenden to Townsville
- Spirit of Qld Train Cairns to Townsville (Return)*
*Rail Fares included based on Qld Pension Concession Rate for Steam Train journey & Spirit of Qld Travel
$695* PP/TS Contact Senior Traveller Tours & Getaways
Thanks so much for the photos & sincere thanks for the great work you personally did to ensure the tour was so successful. Jane & I thoroughly enjoyed every moment from the time we left Cairns till our return back home.
You were the perfect host & tour organiser, every minute detail ran to plan & your efforts made things easy for us all. We were so pleased we did the Tour.
Make sure you keep us on your emailing list.
With every kind wish, Jane & Eugene