GOLD – GREED – GHOSTS – GRANDEUR
CHARTERS TOWERS, once the second largest city in Queensland at the height of the gold rush, is now renowned for its historic character, appeal and its collection of beautifully preserved 19th and early 20th century buildings and streetscapes.
Travelling from Cairns to Townsville on the Spirit of Qld train, then by coach to Charters Towers we arrive at the Park Motel in Charters Towers, our home for 4 nights, old world charm & history with a modern twist that will delight you.
FULLY ESCORTED GROUP RAIL TOUR
Tour Includes 5 Nights Accommodation
- 4 Nights Accommodation Park Motel Charters Towers
- 1 night Accommodation at the Holiday Inn Townsville
- 5 Hot Buffet Breakfasts,
- 5 Dinners – including the Civic Club at Charters Towers
- 4 Lunches, 3 Morning Teas
- 4 Day Tours plus Sunset & Ghosts After Dark at the Tower Hill Amphitheatre
- Leahton Park Cattle Station • Calling of the Cards in the Stock Exchange/Assay Room • Guided Town Tour • Miners Cottage & Gold Panning • Historic Ambulance Centre • Zara Clark Museum • Venus Gold Battery • The World Theatre •Tower Hill Amphitheatre • Townsville Scenic/Military Tour
- Cowboys Leagues Club for Farewell Dinner.
Click on the link to see what to look forward to Charters Towers Tourism
Tour cost $1,165pp*
NB: *Rail fares are not included in the price due to the varying range of concession rates and/or full Adult Fares.
FORWARD JOURNEY –
Cairns – Townsville Friday 31.07.15 on the Spirit of Qld Tilt Train then Townsville to Charters Towers by Coach
RETURN JOURNEY –
Charters Towers to Townsville on the Inlander Train Tuesday 04.08.15
Townsville to Cairns by the Spirit of Qld Tilt Train Wednesday 05.08.15
Please contact me for a flyer and further information
Some of our tour memories….we saw the Calling of the Cards at the Stock Exchange Arcade – the Ambulance Museum – JR the famous Texas Longhorn at Leahton Park Cattle Station – Venus Gold Battery..”all loss of silver must be paid for” – we travelled on the Inlander Train from Charters Towers to Townsville…..so much more to tell, but you really should have been there too !