A unique era of Rail Travel will come to an end when the Sunlander departs Cairns Railway Station on NEW YEARS EVE Wednesday 31 December 2014.
After almost 61 years of service to over 3 million passengers don’t miss your chance to be a part of this final sentimental journey as you celebrate the beginning a new year and say Goodbye to this great train in the company of dedicated rail buffs and like minded travellers.
- New Years Eve – Overnight Travel in Queenslander Class Sleeper Cairns to Brisbane
- ALL MEALS with local produce sourced from within 100km of the QR track travelled
- A special themed menu, Commemorative Merchandise & Travel Certificate
- Exclusive Queenslander Class Lounge and Dining Car
- Queensland Organic and Sustainable Amenities Pack
- Entertainment Tablet including a presentation by Greg Hallam QR resident Historian
- PLUS LOTS OF NEW YEARS EVE FUN !!!
- QUEENSLANDER CLASS TWIN SLEEPERS $899 pp
- SENIOR CARD HOLDERS $719.20 pp
- CONCESSION CARD $599 + 2Vouchers
- SOLE USE $449.50
SORRY, THIS TOUR IS NOW SOLD OUT !!
“All Aboard”…..for the last time in Cairns !
The Band played, the final speeches were made, the Celebratory cake was cut……then “All Aboard” was called for Sunlander passengers at Cairns Railway Station. The train graciously left the platform to cheers, some tears, claps and waves from all who were there to Farewell this sentimental train for one more time….the last time, on New Years Eve 2014.
A well earned retirement was awaiting her after she completed this final journey and rolled into Roma Street station on New Years Day 2015….the end of an era spanning 61 years of Qld Rail History.
Thank you for all the memories to a train that meant so much to so many.